Product Manager (PM) for Advanced Carbons
Like Apple with the smartphone, Keurig with single-serving coffee, Microsoft with Xbox Live, or Under Armour with T-shirts, new product categories grow a nascent seed of an innovative product ideas into strong user adoption, exponential revenue growth and perhaps even disrupt an entire industry. CHASM has likewise launched a new category of nanotube hybrid materials with strong applications across many industries including electric and autonomous vehicles, energy storage, conductive additives, polymer additives, and construction and is ready for a strong Product Manager to orchestrate technical capability, market need, competitive advantage and development roadmaps into commercial success. If you’ve ever longed for an opportunity to not just lead, but own product definition for a revolutionary product line that customer didn’t realize could exist and then laud for enabling applications previously considered impossible, now’s your opportunity to shine. With a “who’s who” list of lighthouse brands in the electronics and other industries already engaged, CHASM is a fast-paced and nimble emerging growth company on track to be a $100M Company within 36 to 48 months.
CHASM Advanced Materials, Inc. (CHASM) is the world’s foremost authority on nanotubes. CHASM is the inventor and manufacturer of nanotube hybrids – a new class of advanced material used by global manufacturers of commercial and industrial products to dramatically improve device technology, transportation, infrastructure, healthcare, and natural resources. Our customers turn “what if” into “what is” every day, only made possible with advanced materials transformed using nanotube hybrids. Leading companies across multiple industries have been first to market with their future products using AgeNT™ for transparent flexible printed electronics, NTeC™ for battery, coating, or performance additives, and Signis™ for touch buttons and sensor with superior environmental stability. CHASM has its headquarters and applications development center in Canton, MA and has a nanotube manufacturing facility and R&D center in Norman, OK.
We have an immediate opening for a Product Manager in our Advanced Carbons business unit. To learn more about CHASM, please visit www.chasmtek.com
The Product Manager (PM) for Advanced Carbons will be a key resource for CHASM in delivering disruptive products by determining and continually refining what products to make, ensuring that those products get realized, and reporting back on how users respond to products — in short, Strategy, Execution, and User Understanding. He/She will be a strategic thinker, leading company initiatives to find and prioritize high potential ideas for the product roadmap. The PM will be personally compelled to maintain technical proficiency in not only advanced carbon materials but also on the context of how those and commercial alternative materials are applied in finished goods. As the central product contact for both internal and external customers, the PM will exhibit leadership and emotional intelligence to help teams work well together and achieve a high performing state. He/She will be comfortable navigating between technical, commercial, and market discussion internally, as well as external discussion with OEM’s, contract manufacturers and channel partners to define and deliver the right solutions to bear for CHASM. This self-starter will possess a strong work-ethic, be independent, have effective organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), and an aptitude for exceptional excellent follow up.
The ideal candidate is a someone who thrives on being the “go-to” resource on “all things product” for the entire company. Having demonstrated success across a mix of inbound and outbound activity with a heavy customer focus is a prerequisite.
Reports to: CMO
- Understand market problems – both of customers and non-customers – creating the insight to drive market leading strategy.
- Identify what products to build and how to bring those products to market successfully.
- Understand the markets we serve, the market problems we address, and our product’s unique ability to address them.
- Prioritize product investment creating a strategy integrating our product portfolio – what problems to solve and in what order.
- Formalize product plans for presentation to the executive team and strategic advisory board as well as existing and potential customers for profitable solutions capturing market share.
- Define product plans in collaboration with other company stakeholders needed to develop, promote, and deliver solutions to market.
- Define, implement and lead a structured stage gate process for defining, developing, launching, and refining products having the highest commercial value to CHASM.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on go-to-market programs aligned with the buying process.
- Ensure the sales organization understands technical aspects, market drivers, unique value proposition, messaging, and positioning of Advanced Carbons products and have the tools to sell and support the product.
- Provide accurate, thorough, and definitive documentation of product requirements, user scenarios, roadmaps, and stakeholder communications.
- Remain the “go-to” subject matter expert supporting the entire organization with product, market, and competitive expertise.
- 5+ years’ work experience as a Product Manager in an Advanced Carbons related industry required.
- Product development/new product introduction experience utilizing stage-gate processes to manage technology or product maturation required.
- Financial analysis skills, particularly the ability to identify key assumptions and build financial models for uncertain new business opportunities required.
- Experience working in global, highly matrixed, multicultural organization preferred.
- Proven track record of leading through influence, working across organizational boundaries, and working within a matrix organization.
- Self-starter and pro-active problem solver.
- Strong ability to influence both stakeholders and non-stakeholders in driving product decisions and project timelines.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Ability to travel at least 20% required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline required.
What You Can Expect from CHASM:
- A supportive, highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Opportunities to make a difference, be heard, add value, and be recognized.
- Growth and development with a leader in the industry.
- Opportunity to work with bright, innovative, and forward-thinking colleagues.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
If you believe you would be an excellent fit and would like to join the CHASM team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
Chasm Advanced Materials is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Chasm Advanced Materials discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.